Scientific research of the Laboratory adheres to the strategic programmes of NICPB “In vitro toxicology and 3R”, ‘Environmental Chemistry’ and ‘Macromolecular Interactions’
Main research areas and key-words:
- Elucidation of mechanisms of toxic effects of chemicals (e.g., nanoparticles) using in vitro tests (luminescent bacteria, algae, protozoa, animal/human cell cultures etc)
- Construction of new recombinant luminescent bacteria for study of the mechanisms of toxic action of chemicals and/or nanoparticles
- Manifestation of toxic effests on physiological endpoints of micoorganisms. Intracellular homeostasis.
- Bioavailability and its mechanisms
- Environmental risk assesment
- 3R, QSAR, REACH